POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : media-fog bug? : Re: media-fog bug? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media-fog bug?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Feb 2006 08:13:27
Message: <43f9c077$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote in message
news:43f9a13a$1@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
>> This is an image (like Tek's) showing what is happening when media and
>> fog
>> interact.
>>
>> The container is, however, hardly or not visible when in front or
>> intersecting a textured surface/object. In my Alien Cliff image, I cannot
>> see it against the cliff.
>
> Transparent objects mixing with fog is an old issue.

Hey Thomas, I tried a test render in both 3.6 and the latest beta of 3.7
just to make sure I was on the right track about my reply to you. The media
container is invisible amid fog, also not seen in ground type, so I'm
wondering if you could have rendered that from version 3.5 or something
other than POV for Windows which I am using here. Just wasn't sure with
absolute certainty if that had changed in the later versions.

Anyway... I still think I was right about Tek's (AKA evil super brain) media
container being obscured by the fog between the camera and cylinder. It
could never be completely black with a red fog color there, right? Not
unless the container object surface is next to the camera, or the camera
within it.  ;)

Bob H